Who to Call
Couples should contact Fr. Jim Monaco no less than 6 months before their wedding date to check on availability of dates and times for the ceremony. Fr. Jim can be reached at (716) 833-0298 x319.
The clergy will work with you to complete the paperwork and make all the necessary arrangements for your wedding. These are the next steps in the process:
1) Both of the engaged parties must call the church where they were baptized and request a current copy of their baptismal record. This is sent to the engaged person and then brought to the meeting when we start the paperwork. If one member was baptized in a Christian Church other than Catholic, that person also needs to obtain a baptismal record. If one member was never baptized, some additional paperwork will need to be completed when we meet.
2) If both parties are not members of the parish, one member must contact the parish where they are registered and obtain a “Permission to Marry” letter. Please have this letter sent to you and bring it to the first meeting with the priest or deacon handling your marital interviews.
3) Next you will attend the first of two meetings at the parish. During the first meeting, the required paperwork will be started and further details discussed. This takes about an hour and at that time a $150 deposit is required to hold your chosen date and time. If mailing your deposit, please send it to the Parish with “Attention: Weddings” on the envelope. We also have a locked mailbox outside the Parish Center for your use.
4) You will receive information on completing a marriage preparation or “Pre-Cana” session, whether at our Parish or on-line.
5) After attending your marriage preparation program, a second meeting will be scheduled to complete the required paperwork.
6) You will work with our Musical Director to plan the music for your ceremony. They will make suggestions for hymns and other accompanying musicians and cantors.
We thank you for choosing St. Joseph University Parish. Please consider becoming a regular member of our community. We’d love to have you worship here with us.
Marriage Contact Form
"*" indicates required fields