Who to Call
Couples should contact Fr. Jack Ledwon, the pastor, no less than 6 months before their wedding date to check on availability of dates and times for the ceremony. Fr. Jack can be reached at (716) 833-0298 x301 or you can use the contact form below (be sure to indicate your desired date).
The clergy will work with you to complete the paperwork and make all the necessary arrangements for your wedding. These are the next steps in the process:
1) Both of the engaged parties must call the church where they were baptized and request a current copy of their baptismal record. This is sent to the engaged person and then brought to the meeting when we start the paperwork. If one member was baptized in a Christian Church other than Catholic, that person also needs to obtain a baptismal record. If one member was never baptized, some additional paperwork will need to be completed when we meet.
2) If both parties are not members of the parish, one member must contact the parish where they are registered and obtain a “Permission to Marry” letter. Please have this letter sent to you and bring it to the first meeting with the priest or deacon handling your marital interviews.
3) Next you will attend the first of two meetings at the parish. During the first meeting, the required paperwork will be started and further details discussed. This takes about an hour and at that time a $150 deposit is required to hold your chosen date and time.
4) The parish offers a marriage preparation or “Pre-Cana” day several times throughout the year. An explanation of the process and scheduled dates will be provided to you.
5) After attending your marriage preparation program, a second meeting will be scheduled to complete the required paperwork.
6) Mentor Couples: Marriage preparation at St. Joseph University Parish engages the whole parish in welcoming couples preparing for marriage to our community. We assign all couples a “mentor couple” who will guide them through the preparation process and help acquaint you with the parish.
7) Musicians: Roland (Ron) Martin is our director of music for all weddings. He will work with you on the music for your ceremony and can make suggestions for hymns and other accompanying musicians and cantors.
We thank you for choosing St. Joseph University Parish. Please consider becoming a regular member of our community. We’d love to have you worship here with us.
Marriage Contact Form
"*" indicates required fields