Funeral Procedures during COVID-19
Our lives have all changed due to the pandemic. However the painful loss of a loved one has not. Because of our belief not only in the immortality of the soul, but also in the resurrection of the body, the Church professes hope in the face of death, and acts with charity in the funeral rites.
If you are a parishioner scheduling a funeral at St. Joe’s, know that we pray for you and will help you with the funeral Mass arrangements. Call us at (716)833-0298. Thank you for your patience and understanding of these mandatory state imposed restrictions. -Love, Fr. Jack
Please be aware that due to COVID-19 restrictions the following protocols are in place until further notice:
- Space is limited due to social distancing, there is a limit of 125 people allowed in the church.
- Since numbers are limited, a list of all those attending must be given to the parish before the day of the funeral.
- Everyone attending the funeral will be required to enter through the double glass doors near the parking lot.
- Each person is required to wear a mask and to sanitize their hands when entering the church.
- The Hospitality Ministers will seat you and your guests in the church following the social distancing requirement
For more information regarding pandemic protocols for the church services watch our video: